Sambar is a south Indian lentil and mix vegetables stew that is eaten along with breakfast or meal as a side dish.
Most people enjoy the with some hot soft IDLI, DOSA, VADA or with plain rice. Sambar is one of the most popular Traditional Tamil Nadu Dishes.
This is not only healthy and nutritious but also taste delicious. Ghee is special in sambar, if you want to make good and sumptuous testing sambar is the final tempering time add ghee.
Sometimes we enjoy it with the ever popular breakfast dish in Tamil Nadu.
All the sambar lovers, try this typical Tamil Nadu style sambar recipe, you will love the flavors.
Now without tempting you more, I should start sharing you the recipe!
Ingredients for Sambar Recipe:
|3/4 cup Toovar||1 Table spoon mustard seeds||2 1/2 table spoon tamaring|
|2drumpstics , Cut into 3″ Pices||6 to 7 Curry leaves||3 table spoon sambar Powder|
|1/2 cup bottle gourd cubes||2 Pinches of as a Foetrida||2 table spoon chili powder of turmeric powder|
|1/2 Potato Cubes||1/2 cup chopped Tomatoes||Salt to taste|
|2 Table spoon Oil||8 small shallots||2 Table spoon finely chooped coriander|
Steps to prepare Tamil Nadu Style Sambar:
- To make sambar, wash the toover dal thoroughly and drain.
- Combine the washed dal and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid .
- Blend the dal using a hand blender till it is smooth and keep aside .
- Combine the drumsticks , bottle gourd and potato with 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the vegetables are soft keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non stick pan and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafetida and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds .
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook one medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring occasionally .
- Add the coriander , mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- serve the sambar hot
ENJOY IT !!!!!!!!!!
Read more Popular Traditional Food of Tamil Nadu