This chicken recipe is from Punjab, India . Punjab is located in north part of India. Out of the many Indian chicken recipes, this Punjabi style chicken curry is one of our favorites. I have tasted many a times dhabas on highway and love their food. This version is my own types , it is taste equally good as dhaba ones.
If you planning to visit Punjab must try the Punjabi style chicken curry.
Don’t worry if you can’t go to Punjab but you want to eat Punjabi style chicken curry then sure, i can help you today . I am sharing my Punjabi style chicken curry with you. I guess, an all time favorite and one of the most comforting food of every non-vegetarian .
Each and every ingredient used comes from fresh and healthy.
Ingredients for Punjabi style chicken curry :
|500 grams Chicken cut with bones||Ginger chopped- 1|
|whisked curd-1/2 cup||Garlic cloves- 5|
|salt- 1 tsp||oil- 3-4 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp||Tomato puree – 1 cup|
|cumin seeds – 1 tsp||Red chili powder- 1 tbsp|
|Green cardamom- 4||Coriander powder – 2 tsp|
|Cloves – 3||Cumin powder- 1 tsp|
|Cinnamon- 1/2 inch piece||Dry mango powder- 1/4 tsp|
|Black cardamom-1||Roasted and crushed- 1 tsp|
|bay leaf- 1|
|Onion sliced – 2 medium|
Step to prepare Punjabi style chicken curry :
- Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric powder,curd & salt as specified. Set aside for 30 mins.
- To make the paste,heat oil in a pan & add all the whole spices as specified above, sliced onions, ginger & garlic. Mix well & fry it on medium heat for 4-5 mins till the onions are soft & start changing color. Remove and cool. Grind it into a coarse paste first, the add 3 tbsp of water & blend it into a smooth paste.
- Make a puree of 2 medium sized tomatoes.
(TIP: Please properly marinate the chicken , because chicken taste is comes from the this process also )
Cooking process :
- Heat oil in a pan (kadai) & add the blended paste.
- Saute & Stir on medium heat for around 4 mins till the mixture is fried & oil separates. Make sure the color doesn’t become brown.
- Now add the tomato puree and saute for around 2 min till oil separates.
- Add the Red chili powder, coriander and cumin powder, mix well and saute on medium to low heat for around 5 mins till oil separates.
- Now add the marinated chicken and Fry & stir it on high heat for around 3 mins.
- Continue to saute on medium heat for another 10 mins.
- Mix it well, lower heat to minimum and cover & cook for 5 mins.
- Remove lid, add Garam masala powder, give a stir and then add 250 ml water and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Mix it well and cover & cook on low heat for 15 mins.
- Now add the dry mango powder . Mix it and simmer for 3-4 mins.
- Serve hot with Roti and Rice
I hope the process of recipe is easy to make for you, you can enjoy Punjabi style chicken curry at home.
READ MORE Tamil Nadu Special Biriyani
One thought on “PREPARE PUNJABI STYLE CHICKEN CURRY AT HOME-EASY GUIDE”
Comments are closed.