One of the most well known Chicken Biriyani is the famous dish in Tamil Nadu. It is made with some easily available Ingredients.
Ambur is a town in the Vellore district of Tamil Nadu and its Biriyani is very famous in south indian. Ambur is famous for biriyani and it is popular by star biriyani hotel so it is also called Ambur star Biriyani.
The two main difference than any other biriyani. Ambur Star Biriyani is made with a short Grain rice and the other difference is that there is no spicy powder used.
If you are planning to visit Tamil Nadu then one time you must go Ambur Star Hotel, Ambur Biriyani has a dominate taste and flavor than any other biriyani.
Don’t worry if you can’t go to tamilnadu but you want to eat Tamil Nadu special Biriyani then sure, i can help you today i am sharing my tamilnadu famous ambur Biriyani recipe with you.
Now without tempting you more, I should start sharing you the recipe😊😊
Ingredients for Tamil Nadu special Biriyani:
|500 grams CHICKEN||6 to 8 Red chillies|
|1 1/2 seeraga samba Rice||1/2 cup Onions|
|3 tbsp Oil||1/2 cup Tomato|
|4 inch cinnamon Sticks||1 1/2 tbsp Curd|
|8 to 10 Cloves||1 tbsp Lemon Juice|
|8 to 10 green Cardamoms||1 Handful mint|
|2 tbsp slides Onion||1 Handful coriander leaves|
|1 tbsp Garlic paste|
|1 Handful Coriander leaves|
Step to Prepare Tamil Nadu Special Biriyani :
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes.
- Deseed and soak red chillies for an Hour.Make a fine paste with little water used for soaking.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute cinnamon,cloves and cardamoms.
- And 2 tbsp onion and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Saute garlic paste for a minute and ginger paste as well for a minute.
- Add coriander leaves and mint. Saute until it begins to smell good.
- Add the red chilli paste and saute everything Together until oil begins to separate.
- Add half cup onions and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and fry.
- Add chicken and fry on a low to medium heat until the chicken turns pale or white.
- Add curd and salt.
- Cover the pot and cook for 5 minutes on a very low heat.
- Mix it and continue to cook until chicken turns completely Soft.
COOKING BIRIYANI RICE:
- While the chicken cooks, bring water to a boil in a large pot with salt.
- Add drained Rice cook until 70% done. At this stage the rice is still under cooked and you will very well know it is undone if you bite it.
- Make sure chicken is soft cooked before adding rice. Add coriander and mint leaves. Mix and level the mixture.
- Drain the rice completely and add it to the chicken pot.
- Gently stir for the rice to get mixed with the moisture from Chicken.
COOKING AMBUR BIRIYANI:
- Cover and cook on the lowest heat until the rice has absorbed all the moisture.
- Open the lid and mix gently again.
- If the rice is under cooked and there is no moisture you may sprinkle some warm water.
- Once the rice is done, Fluff up well and cover it again. Cook for another 2 minutes. Switch off and rest for about 5 to 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve ambur Biriyani with Raita.
- ENJOY IT😋😋😋
I hope the process of the recipe is easy to make for you, you can enjoy Tamil Nadu special Biriyani at home. May your biriyani be delicious and amazing as the Tamil Nadu special Biriyani.😊😊
READ MORE POPULAR TRADITIONAL FOOD OF TAMILNADU
One thought on “How to make Tamil Nadu special Biriyani at Home-Easy Guides”
Comments are closed.