I Love chenna poda. First of all, it is one of the most versatile ingredients to cook with. Chenna poda is a delicious dessert popular in Odisha. Its made with chenna or fresh paneer. The entire dish is baked and can also be called paneer cake.
Chenna is also used to make exquisite and delicate Odia sweets like chenna poda, chenna jhili, chenna gaja, chenna poda recipe is basically Indian baked cheese cake. It is very easy to make chenna poda recipe at home. It is very delicious and full of nutrition. It has a beautiful crust outside and a delicate soft texture inside.
This recipe literally translates to roasted cheese in English language. Its also said that chenna poda is the favorite sweet of lord Jagannath chenna poda is also made during festivals like Diwali or Durga puja.
Today Iam going to share chenna poda recipe, so now lets go-
Making Chenna Poda is very Easy
You will be surprised by the factor of simplicity and ease in this recipe. This is a one-bowl recipe. Also while baking cakes things do go wrong, but you cannot go worng when making this delicious paneer cake. That is the hallmark of this recipe.
Ingredients for Chenna Poda
- 250 grams paneer (Homemade cottage cheese)
- 4 tablespoons sugar, powdered
- 1/2 tablespoons ghee
- Tablespoons Milk
- Tablespoons Sooji (Semolina/Rawa)
- 1/2 tablespoons cardamom powder (Elaichi)
- Cashew nuts, few broken
- Sultana Raisins, as required
1- Tablespoon ghee
2- 2/3 tablespoons sugar
Directions for Chenna Poda Recipe
- To begin making chenna poda, firstly take fresh paneer or homemade chenna and mash it well with your hands.
- Add powdered sugar and cardamom powder and mix all together properly.
- Add sooji/ rawa, ghee and milk and mix it properly till everything incorporates well.
- In a separate pan fry the broken pieces of cashews and few raisins and add it to the chenna mix as well.
- In a baking pan or a tin, add 1 tablespoon of ghee and spread all over the base.
- Add sugar and hold the pan or baking tray firmly on the ga top and heat the pan base till the sugar starts to caramelize.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the chenna mix over the caramelized sugar evenly.
- Top the pan to settle the mix well and bake the chenna in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree c for 40-45 mins or till the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Take out the baked chenna poda and cool it on a wire wrack for 2 hours approximately.
- Hold the pan upside down on a serving tray and remove the chenna poda carefully.
- Cut into slices and serve!
- Serve chenna poda with masala chai and whole Moong Dal Vada.
Notes you can buy also use paneer from dairy. You can also replace 1-1/4 cup jaggery with 1 cup sugar + 1/4 jaggery. I like the jaggery version as it is healthier.
You must try this recipe. This is one of the easy dessert recipe. You can made it at home easily with simple ingredients. I hope you are getting more excited by reading this article, If you want to give any feedback you can suggest us in the comment box. Thank you