Dhauligiri Hills is a historical site located on the banks of River Daya in Bhubaneshwar. It is one of the most popular Tourist Places in Bhubaneswar and also one of the important places of heritage in Odisha.
History of Dhauligiri Hills Odisha
Dhauli is well known for its famous rock edicts of Ashoka. Dhauli hill is presumed to be the area where the Kalinga War was fought and won by the Mauryan emperor Ashoka in 265 BC. At the time Ashoka was taking up arms against Kalinga. The water of the River Daya turned red with the blood of the deceased in the terrible Kalinga War. Ashoka to realize the magnitude of horror associated with war. He saw to it that Dhauli became an important center of Buddhist activities.
Things to do in Dhauligiri
- Enjoy the Picnic Spot.
- Visit the Shanti Stupa.
- Enjoy the photoshoot session.
- Enjoy the light & sound event in the evening.
- Visit the 2 Hindu temples Lord Vairangeswar Mahadev and Dhabaleswar Mahadev.
How to Reach Dhauligiri?
- Reach by Road– Around 13km from Bhubaneswar Railway Station and can be easily reached by Cabs & Local Transport (MO BUS, Bhubaneswar)
- Reach by Rail– Nearest Railway Station is at Master Canteen Square, Bhubaneswar which is about 13 km.
- Reach by Air– The nearest airport is Biju Patnaik Airport, Bhubaneswar, which is 6 km away. From Biju Patnaik Airport you can also avail of Cabs & Local Transport.
Ticket Price: Free Entry
Usually there is no entry fee to visit Dhauli Hills but you may have to pay for Parking & need to pay local people who claimed to be caretaker of the place.
- Dhauli Giri Shanti Stupa: 7 am – 7 pm (Monday to Sunday & public holidays)
For more details visit Odisha Tourism
Thank you all for visiting my article and I hope my articles are useful for you guys to plan your vacation in Dhauligiri Hills Bhubaneswar. It’s really a peaceful place ever. I most recommend this place to spend some quality time with your near & dear ones. If you like my article then please tell in the comments box.