Majuli is a river island in the Brahmaputra river, in Assam state and there are very less population around 1,70,000. In 2016 it became the first island to be made a district in India. It had an area of 1255 square kilometres at the beginning of the 20th century, but having lost significantly to decrease it covers 352 square kilometres as at 2014. It is the world’s largest river island and it attracts tourists from all over the world.
The majuli island is approachable by ferries from the city of jorhat. The island is formed by Brahmaputra river in south and Kherkutia xuti,and then it will joined by the Subansiri River in the north side.
You will find some traditional famous places here and also there are many famous festivals here you will be able to see and you can have fun here.
Best places to visit in Majuli Island
1. Kamalabari satra
- kamalabari satra founded by bedulapadma ata.
- This place is a center of culture,art & all type of classical studies.
- Dakhinpat satra is founded by banamali dev.
- This place is mainly famous for raasleela which is a famous festival of assam.
- Tengapania is a noted picnic spot on the banks of Brahmaputra river.
- The beautiful picnic spot close to Majuli is bounded by Dhakuakhana, Machkhoa and Disangmukh.
How to we reach Majuli Island
- By Air. Jorhat is the closest airport to Majuli. It is attached to a number of the principal domestic airports.
- By Ship. Majuli can best be reached by means of a ferry ride. There are 2 ferry rides to reach Majuli.
- By Road. Jorhat is the closest road connected with Majuli.
Famous festival of Majuli
Majuli festival in Assam is one of the most popular festivals in northeast india.This festival is celebrated for four days annually in the month of November. Majuli festival is celebrated cultural programs, folk dances, and stalls dedicated to local delicacies of the tribes of Majuli.
The place to celebrate the festival is the bank of River Luit, which is the world’s biggest river.
Hey, Have you ever come to visit this place? If no, then plan your vacation soon. Majuli Island is the best spot to certify culture and diversity. Far better from the madding crowds of city life.