You will get the best attraction places in Jaipur in this article with visiting time. Jaipur city well recognized as a ”Pink City”. It is the capital city of Rajasthan, India. Once upon a time, Rajput rulers stronghold this city and made their residence. Since then, the city is a land of palaces and forts. Therefore, it is popular for its ancient and medieval architecture, unique culture and heritage, cuisines, temples, bazaars, as well as natural scenic beauty.
However, using pink stones the forts, palaces, and residences of the city constructed. This makes a city is a unique place. For this, reason Jaipur noted as the Pink City of India.
I have listed down the best attraction places to visit in Jaipur. First of all, let’s start with the beautiful Hawa Mahal, then will move to the amazing Amber Fort, and so on.
1. Hawa Mahal is one of the best attraction places to visit in Jaipur
- The marvelous Hawa Mahal also known as “The Palace of Breeze”.
- It is the most famous attraction place in Jaipur. Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh of the Kachhwaha Rajput dynasty built this palace in 1799.
- As Maharaja Sarai Pratap Singh devoted to Lord Krishna so, the architecture is in the shape of Lord Krishna’s crown. Using pink and red sandstone structure of the Mahal constructed.
- Earlier, royal ladies used this palace to watch any processions or festivities on the street from the windows, without viewed by the public. But, presently it a tourist place.
- The Mahal is famous for its designing balconies and 953 pink color windows. These windows made to allow cool wind to pass the Mahal and to keep the palace cool, particularly during the summertime.
Visiting Time –
9:00 am – 4:30 pm.
2. Amber Fort
- Amber Fort or Amer Fort locates 11 km from Jaipur. Raja Man Singh built this fort. And, later, Sawai Jai Singh II constructed it in 1727. As I said before, this palace was the residence of the Rajput Maharajas.
- From Mughal style, the architecture of the fort influenced and it made of marble and red sandstone.
- Moreover, this fort divided into separate four layouts –
- Diwan-e-Aam or Hall of Public Audience.
- Diwan-e-Khas or Hall of Private Audience.
- Sheesh Mahal or Mirror Palace.
- Sukh Niwas.
- This follows the Suraj Pol or the Sun Gate that is the main entrance which leads to the first main courtyard. The cravings well-designed and extremely attractive.
- Amer fort is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- On the other hand, a fifty-two-minute long light and sound show held every evening at the Amer Fort. The show showcases the history of Jaipur and the fort.
Visiting Time –
9:30 am to 5:00 pm
3. Jantar Mantar the best attraction places to visit in Jaipur with kids also
- The Jantar Mantar is a collection of nineteen huge structure astronomical instruments.
- Sawai Jai Singh II built the Jantar Mantar in 1734. The Jantar Mantar is the world’s largest stone sundial. And, it is also a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Jantar name is a Sanskrit word, meaning instrument, and Mantar name also a Sanskrit word meaning calculate. It means calculating instruments.
- The observatory of these nineteen instruments used for special purposes like measuring time, predicting eclipses, determining the celestial altitudes, astronomical positions, and many more related to celestial bodies.
- The major instruments are –
- Dakshin Bhitti Yantra – measures meridian, altitude, and zenith distances of celestial bodies.
- Rama Yantra – finds the altitude and the azimuth of the sun.
- Vrihat Samrat Yantra – measures time in intervals of 2 seconds using shadow cast from the sunlight.
- Dhruva Darshak Pattika – finds the location of the pole star.
- Unnatamsa Yantra – measures the altitude of celestial bodies.
- Yantra Raj Yantra – calculates the Hindu calendar.
- Digamsha Yantra – calculates the time of sunrise and sunset forecasts.
- The main reason behind building the Jantar Mantar, because the Maharaja very fascinated. He interested in celestial objects and the movement of different bodies in the sky.
Visiting Time –
9 am to 5 pm
4. Panna Meena Ka Kund the best attraction places to visit in Jaipur –
- In the 16th century, approximately Panna Meena Ka Kund or the Jaipur Stepwell established. It is 1 km from Amer Fort.
- However, no written or confirmed history about who constructed Panna Meena ka Kund.
- The word Kund in Rajasthan means stepwell. Thus, you will notice the stairs are in a zigzag pattern and concentric manner down to the pool from the edge. You can reach the top of the stepwell or well from anywhere. For this purpose, in a zigzag pattern, these steps made.
- Originally, the purpose of this kund was to supply water for everyday needs and crop irrigation for local people. However, currently, a tourist destination and used for chitchatting, sitting on multiple stairwells, and photoshoot.
Visiting Time –
6:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Be sure not to miss out to visit the above places. You will not only enjoy the architecture, but also the culture, lifestyle, and foods of Rajasthan. In your lifetime, you must experience this city and make the most memorable one. I hope I help you to find the best attraction places to visit in Jaipur.
While exploring Jaipur you may also enjoy the local delicious mouther-watering food. You may check the Top 10 Mouth-Watering Rajasthani Dishes to know the delicious cuisines of Rajasthan.