Shimoga city is otherwise called Shivamogga is a city situated in the Indian territory of Karnataka. The name shimoga is gotten from the word ‘shivmoga’ .The story behind the name is that is shiva drank the Tunga River water utilizing ‘mogge’ , consequently the name is Shiva-mogga. The town is renowned for the Aghoreshwara Temple, a sanctuary devoted to Lord Shiva.
It is arranged at the highest point of a slope and its view from the top is like paradise. It is an unquestionable requirement to visit this sanctuary while you around shimoga. Individuals of sloping region are exceptionally great, the ongoing region populace of shimoga is 387,000 of every 2022. Shimoga is an optimal objective to appreciate nature in its completely brilliance.
Attractive Places in Shimoga
There are many famous places in shimoga,If you have come to visit shimoga, then you must see all those places. Here they are-:
1. Jog fall
- Jog fall is one of the highest waterfall in india. During monsoons, one can see a breathtaking view of the fall with raiwbow coming every now and then.
- Visitors are allowed between 10:00am to 5:00pm. The monsoon season is the best season to visit jog fall.
- Agumbe is village of Shimoga district, Karnataka.
- Ensure to cover most important Places to visit in Agumbe like Agumbe Sunset Viewpoint, Gopala Krishna Temple, Barkana Falls, Onake Abbi Falls, Agumbe Rainforest Research Station, Jogi Gundi Falls, Kudlu Theertha Waterfalls, etc etc.
3. Thyavarekoppa Tiger&Lion Safari
- Tiger and Lion Safari, Thyavarekoppa, Shimoga is located the state of Karnataka.
- Asiatic lions, Bengal tigers and Indian panthers are kept in discrete nooks and they are seen by a directed “safari” vehicle.
4. Shopping Malls
Except the natural beauty there are many malls where you can enjoy the evenings
- City center Mall
- Beary’s City Mall
- Lakshmi Galaxy
How to Reach Shimoga
- By flight-The city’s airport right now is under construction so, The mangalore International Airport is nearest to shimoga and is preferred by people travelling to the city.
- By train- The shimoga nagar Railway station has trains running to and from Bangalore and mysore.
- There are many cities closest to shimoga and they are-: Mangaluru,Maisuru,Mysore etc etc.
Where to Stay In Shimoga?
There are the many hotels available in in Shimoga where you can stay. Here are few best ones.
- Green view clark inn
- Blue crystal lodge
- Hotel jai maata grandeur
Shimoga will give you a different experience, Because there are awesome view points are there and also far far better waterfalls ,and a eye catching safari view.
Have you ever visit here? If no, then are you planning for a vacation then go green get adventurous visit shimoga hills and try these above mentioned amazing things to create a life long memory.