Have you ever been to North-Eastern India? If not, then you should plan a trip to this wonderful part of our country. So before planning a trip, do not forget to add Tripura to your list. There is something magical about Tripura. The honesty of locals, the outstanding hospitality, the beautiful relationship between tribes and Bengalis, and mouthwatering delicacies that made Tripura a wonderful-visiting destination for all types of tourists. Going to a beautiful journey filled with beautifulness, joyfulness to Tripura really unbox our happiness. Tripura is one of the hilly state of Northeast India Which is hardly talked about . The most amazing factor about Tripura is that it is an eco-friendly and pollution-free state. One of the 7 sister states of the country, one will gain a very unique experience here because the lifestyle here is way too different from the rest of India. The most exciting part about the state are amazing places to visit in Tripura which makes it worthwhile. So visit 15 beautiful places of Tripura to fulfil your hungry of happiness.
Here is the 15 Beautiful Places Of Tripura.
- Agartala – Capital City
- Kailashahar – Ancient Capital
- Dharamnagar – Naturally Beautiful Landscapes
- Udaipur – AKA Rangamati
- Ambassa – Old Temples And Traditions
- Unakoti – Timeless Ruins
- Sepahijala Wildlife Sanctuary – Local Wildlife
- Tripura Government Museum – Culture Of Tripura
- Ujjayanta Palace – Views Of Mughal Garden
- Amarpura – Ideal Picnic Spot
- Jampui Hills – Scenic Views
- Neermahal Palace – Scintillating Water Palace
- Melaghar – Vibrant Town
- Bison-National Park
- Agartala is the capital of Tripura, is one in all the most important towns in that nation and one of the maximum famous locations to go to in Tripura.
- The location is well-known for its beautifulness which might be complete of inexperienced land, hills and exquisite valleys.
- The main appeal of this location is Ujjayanta Palace. You might require to explore at the least days if you want to go Agartala in detail.
- Ujjayanta Palace is a royal residence constructed with the aid of using Maharaja Radha Kishore Manikya in 1899.
- The palace is thought for its structure which has 3 domes, tiled floors, carved timber ceiling, and fantastically crafted doors. Also, there’s a Mughal fashion lawn at the out of doors of this royal palace.
How to reach:Nearest airport is Agartala Airport from where you can take a taxi or cab to reach your destination in Agartala. The Agartala railway station has two expressways passing through it which connect the majority of cities right from Delhi up till Calcutta.
2.Kailashahar – Ancient Capital
- Kailashahar is any other city withinside the country of Tripura and is positioned very close to to Bangladesh borders which makes it one of the high-quality locations to go to in Tripura.
- The city become the capital of Tripura in historical instances and feature roots related to Unakoti.
- The most important competition of Kailashahar is Durga puja and the town is embellished with fancy lighting and Goddess Durga pandals.
- The city is blessed with lovely landscapes and luxurious inexperienced gardens.
- The most important traveller points of interest right here are Lakhi Narayan Bari and Chouddo Devotar Temple. Also, there are numerous tea estates across the city.
- Some of them are controlled privately and maximum of them are well-known for natural tea that they develop right here.
How to reach::The town is at easy access via roads. The nearest airport and railhead is located in Agartala.
3.Dharamnagar – Naturally Beautiful Landscapes
- Dharamnagar is the second-biggest metropolis in Tripura near to Agartala and placed withinside the north part of Tripura.
- The place known for certainly beautiful landscapes. There are numerous top-best boarding faculties placed on this metropolis. The temperature is continually moderate here, each in winters and summers. However, the place is adorned with very heavy rainfalls.
- The metropolis is constructed over historic ruins and is understood for plenty well-known ancient monuments. Haflong is a well-known tea lawn which is understood for its splendor and lies only a brief distance from Dharamnagar.
- Also, Unakoti that is an ancient site with massive rock-reduce pix lies close to Dharamnagar.
How to reach:Nearest airport is Agartala Airport, from where there are various state-run buses and trains available to Dharamnagar.
4.Udaipur – AKA Rangamati
- Udaipur turned into in advance called Rangamati and is a metropolis in Tripura and is well-known for its Sundari Temple that is one of the religious to go to in Tripura.
- The location positioned at the mattress of artificial lakes and is at round 55 km from Agartala. Some of the synthetic lakes positioned in his metropolis are – Dhani Sagar, Bijoy Sagar, Jagannath Dighi, Amar Sagar.
- The metropolis is positioned at the banks of the Gomai River and has numerous temples. But the maximum famous is the Tripura Sundari Temple, which is likewise a part of fifty one Shakti Peethas.
- There is a massive lake beside this temple that is known as Kalyan Sagar. Another well-known temple right here is Bhubaneshwar Temple. Because of the city carry a lot of lakes, it’s also known as the metropolis of lakes.
- Some other worth-visiting tourist attractions of Udaipur include Ganabati Group of Temples, Tepania Eco-Park, Old Palace, and so on.
How to reach:The nearest airport is Maharana Pratap Airport, which is located just 20 km away from the city and has many domestic flights scheduled from almost all major cities. There is also a well-established bus service network to Udaipur from several cities in North India.
5.Ambassa – Old Temples And Traditions
- Ambassa is any other lovely town in Tripura and may be very well-known for historic temples held on this place. The picturesque landscape and wealthy lifestyle of Ambassa makes it one of the maximum famous towns in Tripura.
- A few locations of appeal on this town are Pilak, Chabimura, Neermahal Palace, Ujjayanta Palace, Gumti Wildlife Sanctuary, Jagannath Temple.
- Many different temples on this town hold lit and also you engaged at the same time as you’re here.
- There is a huge juice plant in Nalkata that’s round 38 km farfar from Ambassa and is one of the main points of interest among travelers coming here. Also, numerous handicraft stores are placed close to to this juice plant.
- Boasting of picturesque surroundings and ample of natural resources, the town has not only become a popular tourist spot but also has earned fame for being extremely resourceful.
How to reach:Nearest airport to Ambassa is Khowai Airport (60 km away). The nearest railhead is the Penchartal railway station. The nearest bus stand is in Teliamura which is in close vicinity to Ambassa.
6.Unakoti – Timeless Ruins
- Unakoti is one of the maximum interesting locations in Tripura who are seeking some thing unique.
- This area is sitting close to the Kailasahwar town and is home of hundreds and thousands of massive structures that are rock-cut and spellbinding .
- This city is home of massive ruin temples and making Unakoti a unique place. The rock sculptures of Unakoti are devoted to Lord Shiva.
- The spectacular Unakoti Hill is a well-known Hindu pilgrimage, where lots of people plan a visit to purify their mind, body, and soul.
How to reach:There are 3 ways to get from Agartala to Unakoti by train, taxi or car.
7.Sepahijala Wildlife Sanctuary – Local Wildlife
- For all of the animal and plant admirers accessible withinside the world, Sepahijala Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the best locations to look in Tripura.
- This flora and fauna sanctuary is unfold over about 19 kilometers and is domestic to a few species of plants and fauna. There is an intensive kind of neighborhood and migratory birds that may be discovered here.
- The sanctuary has approximately 456 plant species, many kinds of bamboos and a variety of grasses and medicinal plants.
- The additional attractions for the tourist at Sepahijala are spectacular view of coffee and rubber plantations, boating facilities in the lake and joy ride in the toy train.
- There are few comfortable tourist cottages in the sanctuary. Clouded Leopard National Park is a part of Sipahijala Wildlife Sanctuary
How to reach:29 Kms. Nearest Railway Station : Bishagarh murapara-8 Kms. Nearest Inter-City Bus Station/Terminus : Bishalgarh Bus stand-6 Kms. Nearest Local City Bus Stand :3 Kms.
8.Tripura Government Museum – Culture Of Tripura
- The Tripura Government Museum is one of the must-go to visitor locations in Tripura Built-withinside the yr 1970.
- The museum lies in Ujjayanta Palace and houses halls constituting of as many as 76 galleries.
- The total number of displays presented by the authority to the visitors are about 1,406, and include gold, silver and bronze coins, bronze statues, murals, terracotta plaques, stone inscriptions, copper plates, textiles and ornaments.
- The main objective of the museum is to protect and present the history of nature and man of the Northeastern part of India.
How to reach: This place is 1.2 km from Agartala where cab/busses are available.
9.Ujjayanta Palace – Views Of Mughal Garden
- A famous Tripura destination, Ujjayanta Palace is one of the maximum beautiful systems status at the flooring of this North-Eastern state.
- The Palace changed into reconstructed withinside the yr 1901 AD through Maharaja Radha Kishore Manikya after it changed into destroyed withinside the yr 1897 through a large earthquake.
- This Palace is domestic to a fantastic Mughal lawn that showcases numerous musical fountains, velvety grassland, synthetic lakes, and the royal lifestyles of the majestic ancestry.
- There are many temples set around the Palace. Floodlight in the evening enhances the attraction of this site. It housed the State Legislative Assembly up to 2011.
- Today the Royal Palace houses the State Museum with an impressive collection of royal and cultural artefacts.
How to reach:By Air. Daily airline service is provided by three major airlines company including Air India from and to major cities of India.
By Train. Agartala railway station is located 5.5 km (2.96 nautical miles) from Agartala in Tripura, India.
10.Amarpura – Ideal Picnic Spot
- Amarpura is one of the excellent locations to go to in Tripura and is taken into consideration as a perfect picnic spot.
- People regularly drive here over weekends to take a seat down and pass their day at the banks of the Amar Sagar lake that is an synthetic lake constructed withinside the sixteenth century.
- The metropolis primarily stands on historical ruins and additionally has a temple devoted to Mangalchand (the eight-headed goddess).
- Also, in case you cross there in the course of February, you observe the month of flowers. There are different lakes on this vicinity – Dumboor Lake and Chobimura. Water Sports facility is also in Amarpura.
How to reach:Agartala Airport is the nearest airport from Amarpura (12 km away). The nearest railhead is also at Agartala. Various CNG based buses are available from nearby cities to come to Amarpura.
11.Jampui Hills – Scenic Views
- Jampui Hills are placed withinside the Northern a part of Tripura and is one of the maximum well-known locations to go to in Tripura.
- These hills are placed at an altitude of a thousand meters above sea level. The area is blessed with stunninAg valleys and first-rate sceneries and is a land of juicy oranges.
- The pinnacle points of interest of this town are Ujjayanta Palace, Sepahijala Wildlife sanctuary, and Chittagong Hills. The satisfactory time to go to Jampui Hills is in November.
- The sanctuary is complete of a notable type of flora and fauna species and additionally has a studies center.
- You can locate as many as one hundred fifty one of a kind species of birds on this sanctuary.
How to reach:Nearest Airport is in Agartala which is situated 198 km from the city. The place is well connected via roads and the nearest railhead is Dharamnagar which is around 70 km away.
12.Neermahal Palace – Scintillating Water Palace
- One of the well-known traveler locations in Tripura, Neermahal Palace is sitting proper withinside the coronary heart of Rudrasagar Lake.
- This Palace now no longer best offers one a risk to witness a shining shape however additionally beholds the splendor of its surroundings.
- When it involves the seven wonders of this country, Neermahal Palace determined itself a gap withinside the list.
- Founded with the aid of using Martin & Burns Co., this Palace is domestic to a royal Antar Mahal, a visitor room, a gambling room, a courtyard, and lots more.
- The palace structure displays Maharaja’s great taste and intelligence of blending both Muslim and Hindu cultures, and tradition in the architectural designs.
- Neermahal is the largest and one-of-its-kind water palace in India, and the one and only one in Eastern India.
How to reachNeermahal Palace is (49.1 km) from Agartala via NH8 and Melaghar Main Rd/Melaghar – Sonamura road.
13:Melaghar – Vibrant Town
- Melaghar is likewise a city placed 50 km from Agartala. The location is well-known for Neermahal that is located withinside the center of Rudrasagar Lake. The location has given very non violent vibes.
- It is likewise well-known for Durga Puja Festival. The whole city appeared blessed with stunning lighting fixtures at some stage in this festival.
- There are numerous puja pandals performed throughout the roads and everyone appears to experience it. Another festival, that is dearly celebrated in Melaghar is Ratha Yatra that is held each 12 months in July.
- To fulfill your spirit for buying you could come right all the way down to Anandabazar which has the entirety proper from day by day staples to large showrooms to cater to all of your needs.
- Other famous locations to go to in Tripura encompass Veeramma Kali Mandir, Pagli Masi Temple, and Melaghar Kali Temple.
How to reach:The closest airport is Agartala airport from where you can hire cabs to reach Melaghar. The nearest railhead is also in Agartala. The city is also well connected via roads.
- Situated in the Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary, the Rajbari National Park is one of India’s well-known National Parks. It is located at Tripura, India.
- The park is spread over a whopping 31.63 square kilometres. Visiting this park would prove to be a visual treat to its visitors.
- The park is very famous across the country owing to its picturesque surroundings.
- It is one of the many places in India where one could witness Mother Nature at her best. One can expect to come across various wild animals including the world-famous Indian Gaur (also known as bison), deer, Golden langurs, Pheasants, and many such endearing species.
- The Bison reserve was entrenched in the Sanctuary to protect the endangered species. It is also extremely abundant in forest reserves and is credited as one of the most conservative reserves that boast of rich biodiversity.
- The Jagannath temple is a famous religious site located in Agartala in Tripura.
- Built by the Maharaja of Tripura of the Manikya Dynasty in the 19th century, the Jagannath temple is situated in the Ujjayanta Palace grounds and is dedicated to the Hindu Gods- Jagannath, Balabhadra and Subhadra is widely believed that the Neelmadhav idol that is consecrated at Puri was donated from the Jagannath Bari Mandir of Tripura.
- The Ratha Yatra, the annual festival of the temple, is an important festival that is celebrated with great zeal and fervor and is attended by hundreds of devotees each year.
- The beauty of Jagannath Temple lies in the fact that the temple is as much a place of architectural beauty and prestige as it is of religious importance.
- This grand building to date continues to make Tripura proud because of its architectural magnanimity and is heavily influenced by the Islamic style of edifices. The base of the Jagannath temple is an octagon in shape with brightly coloured orange walls.
How to reach: Jagannath temple is (1.2 km) from Agartala via Chandra Mahal Rd/Shakuntala Rd.
I hope you all are getting sufficient informations by reading this article, Thank you.